CO-OP Financial Services is currently recruiting an Operations Specialist I in Olathe, KS.
The purpose of this position is to provide credit union support, accounting, operational, consultative, analytical and technical support to credit unions and internal staff relating to the Bill Payment Internet delivery systems/software. The position is responsible for having a working knowledge and understanding of various types of operating systems, hardware platforms, software solutions, system modules, the interrelationships between data and file transfers along with the electronic connection of delivery systems. This position is responsible for resolving basic member issues and problems that require a beginner to intermediate knowledge of the Internet and Bill Payment delivery system. This position may also be required to assist in project work related to the administration and implementation of the Bill Payment delivery system.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
• Serves as primary consultant and representative in the MemberCare team of eCom Operations for all credit unions and affiliate members.in answering questions and resolving problems.
• Resolves questions or problems associated with the technology applications and systems supported relating to system functionality, upgrades, and procedures.
• Monitors fraud alerts, e-mails, and phone calls between Bill Payment Vendor and credit union staff. Ensuring that the necessary follow up communication and tracking of fraud alerts is facilitated and completed at all times.
• Assist in completing recurring assignments and other projects, including quality assurance (QA) testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), contact audits, account reviews, management reporting, billing, procedure and support plan updates, product testing, and document scanning.
• Participates and assists with required company training, meetings and development on supported products.
• Handles complaints or resolving grievances using sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Responding timely and following-up to all inbound calls, distribution group e-mails, and support tickets which require research, knowledge of systems and often times reliance upon others for timely and accurate information.
• Assists in the Daily Operations Checklist including file and system monitoring, account reconciliations, and daily settlement according to established controls and procedures.
• Maintains professional and quality business relationships with credit unions, external vendors, and internal teams as they relate to member service, system problems, resolutions and system enhancements.
• Communicates internally about global issues and keeps management and product staff informed of unusual situations.
• Tracks and notifies other eCom staff including eCom Management of any system defects and/or other errors that occurs within eCom’s Bill Payment Delivery service as well as any issues that occur within our Bill Payment Vendors software and/or Third Party systems that eCom staff utilize.
• Provide assistance to credit union or Bill Payment Vendor personnel for the correction and resubmission of file transmission issues including enrollment, payment, extract and settlement file types.
• Assist with special assignments and projects when requested, such as procedure updates, monthly billing and management reporting. Also coordinates and facilitates credit union project requests with eCom’s Bill Payment Vendor such as name/logo changes, custom reports, branding changes, and inactive member cleanups.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of e-mail notifications using database contact queries to correctly address the appropriate audiences of each notification being delivered. This also includes reviewing e-mail notifications received from eCom’s Bill Payment Vendor to determine what the impact is, who the notification affects and communicating this information appropriately internally and externally.
• Assists in developing and maintaining standards and procedures for business continuity documentation that may also include updating and testing comprehensive plans. In addition, employees may be required to perform business-critical duties for disaster recovery exercises and contingency planning.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have one to three years of customer service, operations, payment processing, data processing, database concepts, and web-based applications: or equivalent combination of college-level education and experience required and must possess a thorough knowledge of back-office processing, front-end applications, and the entire operational process that relates to web-based applications and bill payment products. In addition, the Operations Specialist must have working knowledge with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project applications. A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is highly preferred. Knowledge of electronic payment functionality, including ACH, bill payment, and/or wire transfers a plus.
Must possess a basic to intermediate knowledge of bill payment and electronic service delivery concepts, tools and techniques and have the ability to learn the eCom proprietary and third-party support and monitoring tools to Perform basic user administration for credit union and internal support. Must keep abreast of organization, technologies, and product/service changes by learning and studying eCom’s complete product offering for all business lines within the company. We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills, good time management and quality service skills, and practices astute decision-making skills and a basic level of judgment to satisfy the needs of the member when handling complaints or resolving grievances. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and professionalism, attention to detail and problem resolution skills.
If you or someone you know can perform the duties and responsibilities required of the Operations Specialist and have the skills and experience required, please send your resume to be considered for the opportunity.
CO-OP Financial Services is the technology engine that provides access and convenience for credit unions. With over 35 years of credit union service, CO-OP connects credit union members to their accounts through Debit, Credit, ATM, Shared Branching, Member Interaction Services, Mobile, Virtual, and Bill Pay services. CO-OP serves a total of 3,500 member credit unions, 50 million cardholders, 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs, and more than 5,300 shared branches (with 2,000 self-service locations). Handling three billion-plus annual transactions, CO-OP is the nation’s largest credit union service organization—offering resources that enable deeper member engagement to help credit unions prosper.